Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How can I work at area 51?

How can I work at area 51?

Contrary to what some people have stated, the directorate is alive and functioning, the military is not the only ones out there, the Air Force may be operating the facility, but civilian contractors are the ones doing the testing, as well as the security. The Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC), headquartered at Edwards Air Force Base, is the operator at Groom Lake [Groom Lake is Detachment 3 (DET 3) of AFFTC]

EG&G is the main defense contractor there, probably the BOS (Base Operating Services) contractor. They have a private terminal at the Vegas airport for employees to fly the daily shuttle to Area 51.

Wackenhut subcontracts with EG&G to provide security.

Check out their website for job openings. (only 3 openings in Vegas listed)

direct employers sites

ALL POSITIONS require a ts/sci ssbi, which is a top secret with a single scope background investigation.

JT3 in Nevada would be the company to apply to. The TS/SSBI is a roaring pain to go through and it can take anywhere from 6 months to 3 years to complete. You can be sent to your job assignment without the T.S. clearance but your access to information and where you can go unescorted is very limited. Once the T.S. clearance is received, you can pretty much go wherever necessary to perform your job duties. JT3 is constantly looking for experienced electronic technicians and you don't have to wait for them to call you. Put your resume on one of those "job shopping" sites (like Monster) and also apply at

If you have anything in your past that you think might be questionable, be aware that the F.B.I. and other law enforcement agencies do a thorough background check, including family, neighbors and former employers. You are also given a polygraph test AND have a face-to-face with an F.B.I. special agent.

Advanced auronautical craft is the mission of the facility, from the Blackbird of the 60's, to the captured MIGs and Stealth craft of the 70s and 80s. Current activity involves unmanned craft....sorry no alien reverse engineering....(btw, they don't call it Area 51, that's a Hollywood designation).

One of my friends was working for security at the Tonopah base (some 200 miles north of Groom Lake) and he was telling me of their 'deadly force' orders.


Another way, join the military, get a job that requires a TS clearance, since all 4 branches work there, such as the crypto or electronics field, do your time, and keep an eye on the billets available. When you see one in the listings, tell your detailer you want to go there.


  1. I was born in England and have plans to move over to America when I finish school. Would I still be in with a chance of working there?